Today I had my 6th session this term for practicum. I like this site a lot and while I really want to gain experience in different settings, part of me wishes I could just stay.
The overall feeling of the group today was less intense compared to last week. They weren't overly enthusiastic but seemed genuinely happy to be there. One of the staff members pulled me to the side and asked for the words to the song I've been singing with them. Apparently they really like it and have been trying to sing it throughout the week. I was happy to hear that the one thing I have been leading is a hit! I would really love to do more but it seems like all of my good ideas involve kids not adults with developmental disabilities. I feel like I serve the "kids" population well, but sometimes I feel a little confined. One of my instructors keeps insisting that if I just try to adapt what I do to fit a new population I would be surprised. (Easy for her to say!)
Tomorrow is an early day. Mon/Wed/Fri's I start class with sight-singing and ear-training at 8 am. (A class that I don't need credit for, I just need to be better at music.....) I think I'll be at school all day and into the evening. Our choir is giving a concert and I'm a little nervous because I have a super high solo and today I'm starting to feel like maybe I'm getting a cold. Meh-it's a choir concert, but oh god, I hope I don't completely embarrass myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment