Thursday, January 27, 2011

I am trying to keep this blog mainly about my experiences in school and in practicum but there are just so many elements in my life right now that directly influence how I experience everything.  Today I had another dentist visit.  I liked this dentist a lot more than the last one.  I was 20 minutes late though because my bus route was wrong and I had to call a cab.  The dentist recommended me to a specialist who could advise me further.  Basically my options are I can get my root canal redone or I can extract the tooth and get a bridge.  Whatever I do I know it's going to be very expensive and I get super stressed just thinking about having to borrow money from my mom or from Jeris. I definitely have a set of challenges in front of me every day.  Right now I am focusing on: pushing through my homesickness, practicing music every day In a way I feel like I am failing already in Portland because I can't do it on my own.

On the upside I really love Tuesday's and Thursday's because I have Guitar and Music Therapy in Recreation/Special Needs.  Tonight we mainly played xylophones, glockenspiels, tone chimes, and played musical games.  Next week I have to teach my own musical game that could be used in a music therapy intervention.  I SO got this.

Side note: tonight I used my food stamp card for the first time.... it was amazing.

1 comment:

  1. "Doing it on your own" doesn't mean not accepting help from those who care about you. Identifying an issue and locating the resources to address the issue means taking ownership and taking action. It doesn't make you any less competent, any less whole. It's more a matter of "doing what it takes" to meet your goals.

    ReplyDelete